Since I didn't have much time this week for lunch I decided to have ago at making a quiche, which turned out perfect for lunch because you can make it the day before and keep it in the fridge to eat for lunch the next day or the day after.
How to make the Pastry
To save time on this step you can always cheat by buying ready to roll pasty in the shops but since I had all the ingredients in I thought I would give it ago making it from scratch, this is how I did it: you will need 150g of plain flour, 75g of margarine, 1-2 table spoons of water and a flan tin.
1. Set over 200°C/ Gas Mark 6
2. Put flour and margarine into a bowl and rub the flour into the margarine until it looks like bread crumbs
3. Add water and mix to a stiff dough, add more water if needed
4. Turn pastry onto floured able, knead lightly until smooth and then roll pastry to line flan dish
5. I then baked the pastry cake blind for 10-15 minuets
Filling Your Quiche
For the filling it is completely up to you on what you decide to put in it, I used: half of onion, 100g of sliced bacon, cheese and a bundle of cherry tomatoes. You will also need 2 eggs and 150ml of milk to pour over the filling.
1. Chop all the ingredients up and place the onion, bacon and cherry tomatoes over the pastry then cover with cheese
2. Beat eggs and milk together then pour over filling
|Beaten eggs with milk|