Wednesday 3 September 2014

London Trip Day One: Buckingham Palace, Westminster, British Museum and the Bodyguard

Like I said in my last blog post, I had booked 3 day short trip to London with my Mum and I thought I would share with you some of my photos that I took and where we ended up going. As soon as we arrived in London we had to carry our backpack with us so we decided to stay in the local area near the hotel so we didn't have far to drop our bags of in the afternoon. We first took the underground tube to Buckingham Palace and had a walk around the area to look at all the nearby sites.
Outside Buckingham Palace 
While we were outside Buckingham Palace we ended up seeing the changing of the queen's life guards.
The we walked up towards the Horse Guards Parade where it is used for royal parades and ceremonies.  

Next we walked to Westminster and saw Big Ben which seemed a lot smaller in person than it does on TV! I also waked pasted Downing Street which was bit of a letdown because the street is cut off and surrounded my police so you couldn't get a good look at it or take a photo.
After dropping our backpacks of at the Bedford Hotel we then went for a walk to the British Museum which was a few minutes away from the hotel. The Museum contained lots of artefacts from all around the world which was broken up into sections in the museum. The most interesting part of the museum for me was the Egyptian exhibition where it was full of Egyptian statutes and Mummies.



They even mummified cats!
To finish the day of, me and my Mum had booked tickets to the Bodyguard at the Adelphi theatre which was amazing I had never seen it on DVD so the story line was new to me. Alexandra Burke was the main lead in the show and she was amazing she could sing and dance and it was the second last show before the show goes on tour.  I really recommend if you love musicals, then I would go and see it in a town near you. 

Stay tuned for my London blog for day 2 and 3!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, I live really near London, so I have been there loads of times!! Some of the touristy things you did, I have never done before. You should definitely go check out the tower of london and walk along the south bank, there are lots of cool buildings!!

    rosabelleblogspot.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete